“If you think good design is expensive you should look at the cost of bad design”
Unfortunately, many people get confused or intimidated by the idea of hiring a professional interior designer. You might be concerned about the process of working with a designer as well as the costs of doing so. But if you need more on the benefits of hiring an interior designer, here are six reasons why hiring Good Life Interiors is the right move to make.
1. You’re going to save money. Ever bought furniture that looked so good in the store, but was too big once you got it home? Ever painted three or four times trying to find the right color palette? It may seem like an oxymoron because you’re going to have to pay the additional designer’s fee, but the truth is that hiring a designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and help you make design decisions that will increase the value of your home. And if you’re on a tight budget, I’m going to know how to get the best value out of what you can spend. I'm used to working on a line item budget and will help you understand where every penny is going.
2. You’re going to save time. We’d figure to start off with the two things most people wish they could have more of: time and money. Just like hiring a designer will benefit you financially, a designer will also save you on time. I already have a trained sense of what needs to be done and when it needs to be done, and I’ll be able to anticipate any obstacles that may come up.
3. You’re going to get professional assessment. When you hire Good Life Interiors, you get a very timely plan of action for your space. My trained pair of eyes will see things you’re guaranteed to miss. Interior design is a delicate balance of art and science, and good interior designers have studied both, so they know how to put them together.
4. You’re going to have a qualified liaison. A good designer will know how to speak the language when it comes to architects, contractors, and building owners. This is crucial in managing time and money. Strong communication between the interior design and the lighting, furnishing, and architecture is absolutely key. For example, proper outlet placement is going to depend on how you want your furniture placed. These types of issues should be addressed before any construction, and an interior designer will know exactly which issues need to be brought up.
5. You’re going to have better resources and contacts. Everyone knows it’s difficult to find good resources. I already work in the world of home improvement, so I'm going to have reliable connections that you may need. Hiring Good Life Interiors will help you easily find an electrician, plumber, and/or contractor that you can trust. I also have access to tons of product like lighting, accessories, furniture, and fabric that are not available to the general public. With these resources, an interior designer will create a space for you that looks collected and unique (instead of the big box retailer stuff everyone has in their home).
6. You’re going to have the WOW factor. I'm trained to think creatively and spatially and learn to see an overall picture that clients often cannot. Thinking outside of the box is what I do on a regular basis. Not only will you get a "good" design sense, but you’ll also get my proficient attention to detail from proper lighting and furniture placement to fabric choices and color palette and fixture options to make sure everything fits perfectly and is truly special to your home. Remember I can also get you furniture, fabric, and materials that are trade-only and not accessible to everyone else. People notice a well-designed home. Try to do it by yourself, and you’re stuck juggling the many elements that go into designing that a designer is specifically trained to do. And when I'm done, not only will your home look beautiful and cohesive, but it’ll be well thought out and highly functional. So, what are you waiting for? Are you ready to live a good life? Let's do this!